LZ: Re: Wade Burch

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Re: Wade Burch

WADE BURCH wrote:

> Wow, I just got Zshell!  I love it.  But, I do have a problem.  I can't get
> my link to work.  I had to use a friends to get zshell.  I have attempted
> both a parallel and a serial link.  The parallel link worked fine with
> Andreas Westfield's linktest, but when I tried to use link85xp, I kept
> getting a transmission error.  I think it has something to do with my
> computer, though, because I was able to get it to work on a different
> computer.  Does anyone know if my parallel port itself is causing the
> problem?  I'm using an IBM 486-66.  If anyone has a suggestion, please tell me.
>
> Wade Burch
> burch@mobbs.com

I made a parallel link and had a similar problem. The linktest worked
but I always got a transmission error (I was using my Pentium 166). I
tried it on my 486 and it worked. I read somewhere that it does not work
on Pentiums because the Parallel port is somehow different.
<pre>
--
Erika
http://www.ici.net/cust_pages/erika/erika.html