LZ: csh for TI-85 & Hardware Abstraction Layer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: csh for TI-85 & Hardware Abstraction Layer

> I have bean thinking of re-writeing zshell (and hopefully fargos shell
> program when it comes out ) to look like csh. ie: unix.  This not only
will
> look really cool, it will have advantages over the zhell menu... just a
> thought...

That would certainly be very neat, but it would be a pain to type out
commands on the TI's keyboard.  Unless, of course, you made shortcut keys
for commonly used operations or something.  An interesting idea,
nonetheless...

I was thinking of the possibility of writing a "hardware abstraction layer"
into a ZShell like interface, which would provide functions to get hardware
information (calculator type, approximate speed normalization factor,
screen width & height, and shell name & version) and would virtualize
hardware ROM calls. If this API were ported to other calculators, it would
allow for one program to run on other calculators natively or with only a
reassemble for a different processor... Does anyone know what processor the
HP-48 series uses?

Tobin Fricke