Re: LZ: String Storage

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: String Storage

God wrote:

> Well...I got this simple prob...Im attempting to make a DOS executable which
> creates an .85s file that can be transferred to the TI, and read by ZShell.
>
> So far I know that there is a header of approx 20 bytes and an end or
> checksum of the string...What i need to know is EXACTLY what bytes go in the
> header, (and dont say "go to ticalc.org" b/c ive tried to look for it...tell
> me EXACTLY where to go)
>
> So maybe if u could give me a break down of the header and tell me if the
> checksum is a byte? (or is it more?) then id appreciate it!
>
> ---
> Da MaGe

Sorry, I'm going to send you to ticalc.org... But here's an address for
you: http://www.ticalc.org/85/index.html#utils. Then click on the link
for FORMATS.ZIP. Its direct actual location is /pub/text/formats.zip.
This file tells you about the format of each of the TI85 files. If
you're trying to make an ASM program (this is what I'm guessing..),
compile it first. Then run it through STRING85.COM (.EXE?). This file is
included with the standard ZShell distribution, ZSHELL.ZIP. STRING85
will automatically make an 85s file for you, with valid header,
checksum, the whole works. :)

<pre>
--
Greg Hill