Re: LZ: blue boxes

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: blue boxes

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Andrew Haninger wrote:

> aren't blue boxes(ahem) illegal? and I'm confused. how do they work. i
> mean, i know that they allow you to make free phone calls and stuff but,
> other than that, how do they work?

They aren't illegal, using them to mess with the phone system sure is,
though. Informational purposes only, don'tcha know.

> btw. i've got one of those little things from RShack that you put up to
> the phone to make a call and it produces the tones(that's all it does).
> would this help?

Uhm. if you'd like to modify it to be a redbox, then do a clean quarter
recording at 8bit 11khz mono and send it to me, that'd help?.. <grin>
too much problem to do, though.. <grin>

Why am I answering the questions? Not my project!