LZ: Now I'm REALLY pissed!!!!!!!!!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Now I'm REALLY pissed!!!!!!!!!!!

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Craig J Hawkins wrote:

> Robin, Jim, & Eric Barker wrote:
> >
> > Someone wants me out of list-ZShell and onto ti-hardware.  YOU'VE
> > MADE YOUR POINT ONCE!!!!  Do not attempt to unsubscibe me again, it is
> > in violation, "legaly", of my privacy.  You are blatently using MY
> > e-mail address to unsubscribe me from this list.  YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO
> > SUBSCRIBE ME TO ANYTHING I MAY NOT WANT TO BE ON.  Or unsubscribe me
> > from something I am all ready a part of.   IT IS NOT YOUR RESPONSABILITY
> > TO DEAL WITH OTHERS ON THE LIST.
>
> I think it is really rude that you(the list administrator) has the nerve
> to take him off of the list.
Let me clearify this once and for all...
I have NOTHING to do with these unsubscriptions! Mail has come from his
account to majordomo with the requests. If that is because his account is
hacked, if it is because there are more than one people using the account
or if it's somebody who has send fake-mail to majordomo, I have no idea.
And it's outside my control. Majordomo is a program. It gets mail from
somebody saying to unsubscribe them, and then it will do that. If somebody
tries to unsubscribe somebody else, it sends a message to me for approval.
And I can assure you that I do NOT approve such requests.

So. Who's being rude? Here I put quite a lot of time into making these
lists work. And what do I get for it? Accusitions like this? Thanks a lot.

> And in addition go against his will and
> subscribe him to another list.  And I'll tell you one thing.  If that's
> how people get treated around here just because of talking about
> something related to ti's but not zshell, then I don't want to have any
> part in it!
Feel free to step off the list. I don't remove people because of these
things. I send them a message politely (I hope) asking them not to do it.
If they repetedly would do these things, I would remove them from the list
after several warnings. This has NOT YET happened to A SINGLE person on
the lists.

> I like to read information on the list about interresting
> topics of the TI - on the other hand I dispise having to download
> numerous amounts of your shit.
Whose shit are we talking about? Since the beginning of the message was
addressed to me as the list administrator, I guess you're talking about
me.
Let me then clearify a few things. Over the last few months, I have not
posted many messages to list-zshell. I'd say less than 10-20 to be on the
safe side. You can check the archives on www.ticalc.org if you are
interested.
Most of these messages has been SINGLE messages to TERMINATE threads of
what you call "shit".

> It clutters up my mailbox and other
> people's as well.  That's bull shit!  Take it up with him personally and
> see if he will stop or unsubscribe.
This is EXACTLY what I do to these people.

> Rather than the bullshit you give him.
Who's giving who bullshit?

> And other's have no right to be assholes to him on the list.  That
> too clutters up mailboxes.
So who is talking here? Who's the guy who posted this to the list instead
of the list owner (me)?

> Why can't people get the message.  At least
> the topics of RAM and backlighting are about the ti and can be used with
> zshell program.  But this shit is rediculous.
I have not followed these threads closely, but I can say at least one
thing:
Expansion of the TI-85 RAM is NOT rediculous. It is very much possible. It
would require ZShell to work. However, the thread might be more suited in
the ti-hardware list. But this list has not been up very long, and that's
why the discussions have not moved there yet (at least I would like to
think that is the reason).

> And if the administrator
> has a problem with me he better damn well take care of it with me rather
> than the group.
Before, I must say I had no problem at all. But after this message, I must
say I have.

> And for the rest of you, if I do end up leaving the
> list, I have really valued you input.
I wouldn't say you're one of the best guys on it...

There has been a lot of crap posted on list-zshell lately. But I must say
that this is one of the worst so far. This kind of crap REALLY makes me
pissed. And those of you who has been around for some time have noted that
this has not happened many times. Even though there has been a lot of
things that may have validated it.
So far, I have not had to exclude a single person from the list. And I
don't want to start it either. But if you guys (and I don't mean this
messages author only - it applies to all of you) keep writing this shit, I
sure will.

If that does not help, the lists WILL close down. I am maintaining them on
my free time, and it takes time!
I am not asking for each of you guys to write me a thank-you message once
every hour. But I do ask for, and request, that I am spared this kind of
shitty accusations. If that does not stop, then I can assure you that I
will stop.

Then finally a little clearification about the subscribe/unsubscribe
stuff:

Majordomo will AUTOMATICALLY subscribe/unsubscribe anybody that sends mail
from the correct address (e.g. xxx@yyy.com wants to unsubscribe
xxx@yyy.com). That will be placed in the majordomo log file, which I
examine at regular basis. In the case above, there were fully correct
messages that came from the address asking to change subscriptions for
that very user. I had nothing to do with it. The reason this mail came
here can be many, but it did come, and who was I to argue with that? Or
mainly, who was Majordomo to argue?

Instead a message will be sent to me (as list administrator) asking be to
"approve that xxx@yyy.com subscribes www@zzz.com". I do NOT allow this
unless it is appearant that it is a misconfiguration (e.g. it is
xxx@mail.yyy.com unsubscribing xxx@yyy.com).

Those are the  cases, that is the explanation.

I would like this thead to stop on list-zshell RIGHT NOW. Please feel free
to send me a personal mail regarding these things. I will read it all, and
I will respond to any questions or comments. But do NOT take this to the
list. I consider it a closed matter, and I don't want to hear any more of
these accusitions on the list. You are free to take them to me in personal
e-mail, and I will respond to them point for point.

//Magnus Hagander
List Administrator
mha@ticalc.org
mha@rbk.sollentuna.se