Re: LZ: JavaScript on TI-Calc.org

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: JavaScript on TI-Calc.org

According to "Greg Hill":

>Java wouldn't necessesarily be the best way.. Remember that not
>everybody has Navigator 3.0 under Win95. Okay, so Navigator 3.0 on
>Win3.1 reportedly does Java too. But I know of at least one system
>(mine) where it doesn't work right. Wouldn't an HTML 'Updates' page be
>better? Now that I think about it.. There already is an 'Updates' secion
>on the main page- home.html, I believe.

"Reportedly" is the key word here ;) It does NOT do Java under Win31.

However, there is a new utility from IBM called AlphaWorks 1.0b6 that does
Java on Win31.  It worked for me on everything except stuff using AWK, which
is pretty much everything.  I know people that got it working with AWK,
though, I am waiting for email replies.  :)

And there is an Updates section on the main page.  It's just almost two
weeks old. :(

C ya,
Ryan Myers ( rmyers@teleport.com )
http://www.teleport.com/~rmyers/
"Canthus" or "Darren" on DARKWORLD / Twisted Fate