Re: LZ: Re: RAM EXPANDER IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT --

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Fri, 18 Oct 1996 18:06:27 -0600 (MDT), you wrote:

>There's an on-chip
>buffer which you fill, and then write it into mem.  So you send bytes
>serially untill the buffer is full, and then you issue the block write
>command which copies 1 block (4096 bytes, I think... don't have the =
sheet
>on me) into mem. Block read copies a specific memory block into the
>buffer, and then it's up to you to read it out.  Block probably means a
>page, and i'd guess the block transfer rates are how long to read or =
write
>1 block/ 4096 bytes to or from memory

No, there's no block write or read command.  There is only a *page*
read and write command, which operates on 32 byte segments.  The only
"block" command is the block erase command, which erases the entire
4096 byte block.

-Mel

<pre>
--