Re: LZ: New Applications (+ a question)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Rasmussen/Hugos Family wrote:

> With the accelerator and the RAM Extender, the 85 has more possibilities. I
> was looking through some robotics info, and most of the onboard robotic
> computers run slower than the calculator and only have 32k. With the
> circuit being able to use i/o ports, many sensors could be hooked up.
>         Also, I was looking through a sharper image catalog (awesome place)
> and saw about 10 different little devices that record notes. I was thinking
> it might be possible to hook up a microphone and record notes. I read
> somewhere that the voice could be about 8k per second which isn't that bad
> when you have a megabyte or two.
>
> Graham Rasmussen
>
> RCGH@teleport.com

That's how I'm was going to controlling my new robot science fair
project (when it's built). Because it may not be that easy to have both
sesnsors and communications (with the controller unit) - at least I'm
not capable of making the calc do that - I'm using solenoids to relay
sensor messages to the keypad and the screen (several light/dark
detectors hooked up to the at different parts, so that when one part
darkens, a detector is set off) to control the robot. That way the link
port can be used to communicate with a handheld controller (another
calc.) that can display the info on screen, and send instuctions to the
calc.

But now that the RAM Extender is almost complete, I think it may be a
whole lot easier to build any device that's supposed to be controlled by
an onboard computer...

This brings me to my question. Is it possible to use an I/O port off the
RAM Extender to control another TI (or other TIs)?

Muhammed
<pre>
--
E-Mail: mailto:galadima@soback.kornet.nm.kr