LZ: Re: Attatchments

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Re: Attatchments

> From: Zenon Lynx <Zenon@bbs.nexes.com>
>
> Please note, all, that UUE is not the best way to attatch a file.  I do
> have a UUDecoder but it will sometimes not decode the files (such as the
> Boulder Dash...I still haven't got that yet!!) and sometimes it will.  If
> at all possible, please ZIP them instead.  Thank you.

Most (if not all) files posted to the list are first zipped, the uued.  The
formats serve totally different purposes.  A file is first zipped for
compression, then uued, which converts files to 7-bit, so they can be sent
over email (and it also increases file size, obviously).  If you use
Pegasus mail, or MS Internet Mail + News, it will automagicly uudecode
files.

> "Honors Master PhD of Idea Engineering"
> -= Zenon@bbs.nexes.com =-

; Max Mansour,       // mail : mmansour@gis.net
; self proclaimed   // irc : Justarius
; dictator.        // web : maxwww.home.ml.org
;
;         come visit my handheld pages
;      (OmniGo, Windows CE (soon), TI-85/ZShell)

.end