Re: LZ: ?s about ram expander!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: ?s about ram expander!

>okay, this is called a RAM expander. so, does that mean that it will be
>erased when you turn it "off"? i certanly hope and believe not. why not
>call it something more logical? like a "Memory Expander"...

Memory...Ram, same thing.  The difference is dynamic ram, or static ram.
Static ram retains it's data for a long time, different chips vary.
Dynamic ram looses it's value very quickly. The later is in your computer,
and the processor has to go about 1000 time a second and read whats in the
ram, and 'refresh' it.  The reason for using dynamic ram is because it's
cheaper than static ram.  But you can see why we need static ram in the
expander.

                               -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.