Re: LZ: RT-Link: Has anybody gotten it to work?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: RT-Link: Has anybody gotten it to work?

>Hmm. After experimenting with my VCR-remote control, it doesn't really
>have to be that direct (ofcoz age of batteries have some effect...).
>Don't know how strong would the IR link be, though...
>
>   -Pyrone

Yes, but the remote sends a few bits, maybe a byte, over and over and
over... the TV picks it up, and does what it thinks that it is supposed to
do.  The calc would send a constantly changing set of data, and there is a
large possibility for errors.  On the HP, the two calcs must be within 18
inches, and even then, it's still slow.

                                           -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.