Re: LZ: Programming question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Programming question

>I got a question or two if someone can answer id appreciate it...
>1) If i know i am shooting a ball at a 15 degree angle (or any other specific
>degree) how can i find the slope or path that the ball will follow?
>
>2) If i was to try to make pac-man how would be the best (easy) way to setup
>the levels? (walls) so that the program knows where they are?
>
>Thanx ....

Here's how I'd do it, but don't take my word for it....
Ok to find the slope, use trig...
       /|
      /-|
   B /--|  Y
    /---|
   /----|
A /-----|

If you know x, and your angle is A, then you say B = X cos A, if you know
y, then you say B = Y sin A.

As for the walls, generate them however you want to, you can do it
randomly, or use a set of 3 or 5 bitmapped levels, and cycle through them.
To find out where they are, I'd test the space in front of pacman to see if
there is a wall.  Just test the vram for a black square.

I don't mind helping you out, but do your own programming...

                                        -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.