Re: LZ: Re: Extra players connect

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: Extra players connect

That's a good idea.  Then we can use that as a central server unit housing
2-4 client calcs.  Would anyone know how to use the chip this way?

"Honors Master PhD of Idea Engineering"
-= Zenon@bbs.nexes.com =-

----------
: From: list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org
: To: Zenon
: Subject: Re: LZ: Re: Extra players connect
: Date: October 12, 1996 11:31 AM
:
:
: > : From: ChrisK@NUKEWARE.COM
: > :
: > : That's easy to do... just take 2 data links and split them open at
the
: > : center.  Then you connect a couple wires and walla.  (I don't
remember
: > : which wires off hand (I think white), play with it a bit, there's
only 3)
:
:
: Zenon Lynx wrote:
: >
: > That won't work since there will be more than one calculator involved
so
: > it's not a simple linear signal to and from another calc; there will be
: > confusion on which signal belongs to which calc, so this is not
possible.
: >
: > "Canada has no national identity other than our strongest policy:
: > multiculturalism"
:
: I know ChrisK's method won't work, but it is definantly possible. What we
would need to do is
: use the i2c libary to do the communications instead of using the link
port TI style. i2c
: allows for multiple masters on the bus to talk to multiple slaves or
other masters, with
: arbitration.
: