Re: LZ: Extra players connect

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Extra players connect

On Thu, 11 Oct 1996 18:54:35 +0000, you wrote:
>This is definately (sp?) possible, but only if Mel includes an I/O=20
>port on the expander.  It would be very hard to build a pass through=20
>for the expander.
>
>I have been think of something like this for a while, and if you=20
>want, I will help you (or whoever) design the hardware and software=20
>for the multiplayer connection.  But whoever does end up working on=20
>it (if it is actually worked on) should wait until Mel releases the=20
>Expander specifications (hopefully with an I/O port, hint, hint... :)

The only way to add an I/O port to the serial flash expander would to
add a switch that separates the expander to a separate I/O circuit
(adding an I/O port is actually more complicated than the entire
serial flash circuit!).  There's currently no easy way to have
simultaneous access to both the expander and an I/O port, or anything
else for that matter.

-Mel

<pre>
--