Re: LZ: Extra players connect

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Extra players connect

>I was wondering if it was at all possible to create a 4+ player connection
>device so that 4 or more people can play; maybe have an expansion port on
>it so that you may hook two of them up and have an 8 player connect or
>something...for like a racing game or something...using some speedy devices
>and interpretation chips so that all signals could be combined for
>processing but still "pull-apart-able" so that you can replace the changed
>signals back to the original owner...of course, that would mean a passthru
>on the RAM expansion module then...anyone up for it?

I had been talking of a device of this sort before some of the ppl involved
in this discussion joined the list.  This would have been one of the
applications (of the concept).  I am still working on learning enough ZS to
write the program...

The basic idea was to create a big junction box for all the calculators that
wanted to be involved.  The concept was a very speedy LAN for the transfer
of programs.

The program would function by sending out a pack w/ a specific address in
the header (each calc would have it's own address), and would be recieved by
that calc.  All other calcs would ignore the transmission.  The beauty would
be that it would be possible to create a program for the OTHER calculators
that would work with the same protocol (the 83/2, 92).

Some ppl said that this wouldn't work @ all, but i couldn't tell if they
understood me or not.  I'm waiting on an answer that would let me know if
this concept is possible.

It would all be software controlled; no complicated hardware involved.  Your
idea DOES sound like it would be much more efficient.

After thinking on your idea, your idea would probably be more effective than
mine for my purpose.  I'm going to ask about using chips in a way that they
could route data to certain lines.  IF there is a passthru on the RAM
extender, I might be able to use that as a buffer...

WELL, this letter was mostly about MY project, but I hope you got something
out of it.  I didn't mean to focus on me, but that's how it wound up.  Tell
me if this was useful at all to anyone...

AND IF NONE OF THIS WILL WORK, please tell me why.  I don't like spending
time on something that's impossible.
<pre>
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
				      		       -Albert Einstein
</pre>