Re: LZ: Re: I feel sorry for them

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: I feel sorry for them

Zenon Lynx wrote:

> First of all, TI did not create ZShell, so they have no right to advertise
> it until the authors give them the right to.  Secondly, by promoting
> ZShell, they are promoting the use of the calculator as a game machine,
> which is what most teachers who know about ZShell think about it, even if
> it is not true.  This will lend a greater dent to its name than a
> promotion.

*********

I see your point, and for the most part, that is mainly what ZShell is
for, but why listen to geometry when you already know it?  Though I
think Mangus (don't get upset if I'm wrong) would be happy for ZShell to
be "addvertised" by TI because he hasn't made a cent on it and probably
never will, but to have your name (being a non-profit product) on a
package as used as the TI-85, well, that would be enoph for me.

I did get my freshman Math teacher sort of excited about ZShell (this is
the TI-82 finatic) when I showed him organizer.  He said, "You can put
your homework on this?!!! why don't you use it?" the answer is because
organizer is hard to use, and not very good to track asignments..... now
there's an idea!  A high school homework planner, maybe the teachers
could change there minds if that was on there.  The only problem is that
the majority of the ZShell population is out there for the games, so of
cource that's how it will be looked at :(

Paradox, back there in this thread you, like your name, twisted my
wording around in a strange way:

> He didn't say that the teachers were AGAINST the 85, just that they
> were FOR the 82.

You were talking to me about controdicting another person, which was ME.
Ok, I was the one you were talking to and I was also "He".  I just found
this amusing.  See how weird threads can get?

Eric Barker

*    "My fellow ZShell users, the computer      *
*   world is being corrupted by the powers of   *
*  Bill Gates and his evil software engineers"  *

By the way, Mac users, if you liked the extention ~Aaron (Copland
interface) then you'll love the newest control panal by Greg Landweber
(the creater of ~Aaron) called Keilidoscope.  It's like ~Aaron just 10X
better!