Re: LZ: Serial Flash Expander Proposition

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996 10:48:27 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:
><SNIP>=20
>> detailed description of the file structure I plan on using (it's a
>> cluster type structure, so it's a bit confusing).  In terms of making
><SNIP>
>  With or w/o file fragments?  I really think those would unnecessarily=20
>slow it down.

Since the serial flash chip must be block accessed and erased, files
greater than 4096 bytes MUST be fragmented.  There's no way around it.
Any software that uses it must take this into account.  (I'll explain
all that stuff in detail later).

-Mel

<pre>
--