Re: LZ: TI-82/83/(92?) Basic Link Program

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: TI-82/83/(92?) Basic Link Program

I think this has been talked about before.  Running TI-Basic programs
(no matter which calc they are for) in ZShell is basically
impossible, unless you plan on disassembling the entire ROM and
locating where the Basic calls are in memory.  It is just too hard to
implement all the commands within 10K or 15K (even 25K).  Even if you
could find all the TI-Basic commands in the ROM, there are many on
the 82/83 that are not on the 85, so these would have to be
completely handle through the ZShell interpreter.  Pretty hard, but
it might be possible.  Sorry to be discouraging, but I wanted to warn
you before you attempted to undertake the task.  (I'm not saying it's
impossible...)

Ben Shakal
shakal@ns.net