LZ: Need algorithmic help!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Need algorithmic help!!!

				   wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu
				   http://www.uic.edu/~hhstokes/index.html
				   Will Stokes

I've almost finnished the planning stage of my next zshell game, a racing
games that will blow road.85s out of the water. If you can understand my
question you will understand just one reason why this game will be so much
better then any other racing game on the ti-85/ti-82/ti-83 (I don't know
nada about the ti-92)
	Here is goes. I need an algorithm to calculate the x values of
drawing a parabolic like line between a fixed point and a slidable point
horizontally. In simple terms, i want to draw the two lines that outline
the edges of the road that will get closer together farther away from you,
hight up on the screen. THe prob is I don't want straight lines, i want
the lines connecting the points to curve in parabolic-like shape that has
been rotated either 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise. I can't
belive I'm 16 in Accelerate Pre-Calc. and I can't figure out how to do
this. I has to be real simple. Maybe i can use trig with sin or cos in
some weird way. Anyway, any help will be much appreciated since this game
will rock, just wait and see. no, don't wait, tell me what kind of
algorithm I'm thinking of. There must be dozens of peopleon this listserve
that know how to do this. Oh and by the way, you don' have to write to me
in assembler, just give me the mathmatic formulas and/or outline in
ti-basic. It's easier for both of us.
			Will Stokes
*   Will Stokes				  Global Games                   *
*   <a href="mailto:wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu">wstokes@vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu</a>      http://www.uic.edu/~hhstokes/  *
*  Comment of the times:    Vote Dole and Kemp in 96' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *