Re: LZ: Really **strange** idea!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Really **strange** idea!

Ryan Myers wrote:

> According to "Eric Barker":
> >Note this is not the same thread as "***Very*** weird idea".
> >
> >Eric Barker (rbarker@polarnet.com)
> >
> >Look, I have just been wondering something about possible future
> >versions of ZShell.  If it's possible to turn the Calculator on/off in
> >future versions of ZShell, would it be possible to completely turn the
> >calculators operating systems inside out?  I mean to have ZShell be the
> >main OS and TI-OS be the secendary?  That way most of the calculator
> >could be run from ZShell to a TI-OS shell (MS DOS shell to windows).
> >This means that You could control everything about TI-Basic and
> >everything, of cource it would take some memmory, but is this possible?
> >And if it is, should it be done?  ZShell, at this point is still sort of
> >a program to run programs (in the sense of how the calculator is set up)
> >but with a ZShell main OS you could control EVERYTHING!
> >
> >If this sounds completely nuts, please tell me so.  I'm just throwing
> >out weird ideas.  Hey, even if this is completely insane, maybe it will
> >spark someones imagination.
> >

> No, it's not completely nuts, and it has been done.  The CalcOFF 2.0 utility
> at TICALC.ORG will allow you to turn off the calculator from inside ZS, and
> choose the option of returning upon the ON push to either TI-OS or ZShell.
> I have been wondering how the author did this for quite some time, anyone?
>
> As for including the utilities into ZShell, that would be a matter of
> retrieving the separate addresses of each ROM routine for each version of
> ROM.  Each address would take two bytes, mind you, much less the menu space
> needed to control them; this would add probably around 4K to ZS and would
> require a thourough knowledge of ROM.
> The hard part would be finding a working version of EVERY ROM version since
> 3.0 and then disassembling every one of them.  It could be done, for sure,
> but it would be a LOT of work.

thinking that i am the author i can best explain how it works. First it
waits for you to press a key(1-4) then it jumps to the approiate
location then it turns off the calc(items 1 and 2) or goes back to
ZShell or the Home Screen(items 3 and 4). if 1 or 2 is pressed it turns
off the calc and then waits for on to be pressed. after ON is pressed
CalcOff2 either is set to go to ZShell or the home screen.
PCoMP
Visit Maximus Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp