Re: LZ: Mac stringing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Mac stringing

Eric Barker (rbarker@polarnet.com)

> Rasmussen/Hugos Family wrote:
>
> You have actually gotten your own ZShell programs to compile on the mac? I
> have been trying to several weeks with no success. What compiler are you
> using. In an earlier thread, many mac people expressed that they were
> having trouble programming for zshell. Please send info.
>
> Faithful Mac user,
> Graham Rasmussen

**********

Well, I'm using the old version of CAZ, the new one that is part of
Genau is kinda' screwy.  The item I compiled was "hello world" program
off the internet I got at one of the Major tutorial sites.  Even though
it was for CAZ I STILL had to smooth it out.  For one thing, in the
documentation it says to use "INCLUDE ti-85.h" but actually the syntax
CAZ understands is "#INCLUDE ti-85.h", I think that Mike Dorman got it
backwords.  Make sure that both the text file and the ti-85.h file are
in the same folder as CAZ.  Use the console input in CAZ, I couldn't get
the choose a file dialog box to work.  CAZ is extremely sensitive, and
very strange, read the manual that comes with it, so you might have to
go over the code with a fine tooth comb.  Then drag and drop the
compiled file into the Mac String85 program, that should work.  You will
first have to find the .85s file in the folder, String85 puts the file
way down, so you will probably have to use the scroll bar.  You will
notice the string is still not in a form that the graphlink software can
read.  Drag and drop it into the TIAutoType program, then choose "Get
Info" on the file (Don't ask me why, it just works).  Now I can't seem
to get the last part to work.  Theoreticly I should be able to send it.
In the graphlink software I choose send string, add the file to the send
list and press "Done".  Then the diolog box dissapears and nothing
happens.  I had this happen once before with a program in the ticalc.org
archive called "graylib" but everything else has worked just fine.  If
anyone has any info on this PLEASE contact me.

                         "If your blind, deaf, and have too much
Eric Barker              time on your hands, you'll love Windoz 95"

See the Spinner Programming Web page at
http://www2.polarnet.com/~rbarker/Spinner/