Re: LZ: Programming cells?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Programming cells?

----------
> From: Alan Bailey <bailala@mw.sisna.com>
> To: list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org
> Subject: Re: LZ: Programming cells?
> Date: Friday, October 04, 1996 7:49 PM
>

> I think you're talking about pictures that are spaced every 8 pixels,
> right?  Those are simple because you don't need a sprite routine to
check
> the bit number and display it bit by bit.  So just have apointer to each

> graphic you want.  These should be 8 bytes for 8*8.  Now if you wanted a

> routine to have a x value(0-15) and y value(0-7), and convert it to the
> correct vidmem pointer, that wouldn't be too hard.  But then after that
> it would be simple.  (That's what you're talking about, right)
> --
> Compliments of:
> _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
>   Alan Bailey
>   mailto:bailala@mw.sisna.com
>   IRC:Abalone
>   Web:http://www.mw.sisna.com/users/bailala/home.htm

Yes, that is basically what I am talking about.  I want a small 8*8
picture of a piece of wall which I display at different x values (0-15)
and y values (0-7) to make full walls anywhere from 0-64 pixels long
eventually drawing a level looking similar to those in Chris Busch's game
Crunch.  I cant just do one big picture for the walls because I need to
change it for every level and that would get huge.  I'm am not an
experenced programmer but I think what you are saying would work.  Any
help would be greatly apreciated.

					Mike Johnson
					mj11749@cedarnet.org