Re: LZ: Programming cells?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Programming cells?

----------
> From: Ryan Myers <rmyers@teleport.com>
> To: list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org
> Subject: Re: LZ: Programming cells?
> Date: Friday, October 04, 1996 12:29 AM
>
> Hello Mike,
>
>         I think the term you mean instead of cell is sprite.
>
>         There are two ways to do this.  The first involves staying in
text
> mode, and in my mind isn't worth it.  The other way is to use a sprite
> routine ( I would reccommend NASR by Jingyang Xu ).  The pros and cons:

No I didn't mean sprite.  I know how those work.  What I want is a way to
define the screen as a grid of say 8*8 chunks and then be able to say I
want this cell a wall graphic, this other one a bush, this one a door....
ect.  But I don't want to just display it time and time again with NASR.
Jimmmy Mardell might be able to help me because of the way he wrote
Boulder Dash (BTW, great game!).  Every level is set up with cells and he
defined where he wanted boulders and where he wanted walls.  That is what
I want help with. Not sprites!

						Mike Johnson
						MJ11749@cedarnet.org