Re: LZ: **VERY** wierd idea. Be caref

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: **VERY** wierd idea. Be caref

-> >         Ok.  Here goes.  I know a teacher that is working with 83's
-> in her > classroom.  I have several friends that own 85's.  I know 2
-> ppl that have > 92's.  I think all of them could benefit from this
-> VERY odd idea.  (in fact, > the teacher has had the same idea).  I
-> have no clue if this will work from > the electrical standpoint or
-> the limits of the calcs standpoint. >
-> > Here's the steps:
-> > Create a multi-socket plug for a calc.  I.E. one male plug, several
-> female. >         (it must be in parallel, or the common modem speed
-> would be zilch) >         (I have no clue where I/we could get the
-> sockets [fenale] from...) > Create software that would act as a LAN
-> for the calcs.
-> >         The point would be to transmit MASS amounts of data to ppl
-> so >         teachers could give their students progs more
-> efficently. >         There are some more creative things too...
-> > The program would check whats going on with the link port then: >
-> [I have no clue as to if/how/should it check all the modems of the
-> calcs and >    decide on the lowest speed of them all.  That's what
-> you ppl are for..:^] >  1. If you're not connected, you become the
-> server (?)
-> >  2. If you are, you choose a login name for yourself.
-> > The server calc could then transmit packets with headers:
-> >  If the header data identifies YOUR calc, it accepts, otherwise, it
-> junks it >  ASAP.
-> > ETC...
-> >
-> > OK.  What do all of you think?  Have I made an idiot out of myself?
-> Is this > a really cool idea?  What?
-> > --
-> >
-> _________ > "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition
-> from mediocre minds ."
-> >
-> -Albert Einstein with the ti protocol that will not work. btw where
-> have you been during the past few months. also i had that idea over 2
-> years ago and it didn't work then and will not work now and at that
-> time everybody in my school had ti-85's

You could do it using a computer as a server, and you could probably do
it with ZShell ( not TIs own protocol but write your own )