Re: LZ: **VERY** wierd idea. Be careful...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Someone wrote:

>         Ok.  Here goes.  I know a teacher that is working with 83's in her
> classroom.  I have several friends that own 85's.  I know 2 ppl that have
> 92's.  I think all of them could benefit from this VERY odd idea.  (in fact,
> the teacher has had the same idea).  I have no clue if this will work from
> the electrical standpoint or the limits of the calcs standpoint.
>
> Here's the steps:
> Create a multi-socket plug for a calc.  I.E. one male plug, several female.
>         (it must be in parallel, or the common modem speed would be zilch)
>         (I have no clue where I/we could get the sockets [fenale] from...)
> Create software that would act as a LAN for the calcs.
>         The point would be to transmit MASS amounts of data to ppl so
>         teachers could give their students progs more efficently.
>         There are some more creative things too...
> The program would check whats going on with the link port then:
> [I have no clue as to if/how/should it check all the modems of the calcs and
>    decide on the lowest speed of them all.  That's what you ppl are for..:^]
>  1. If you're not connected, you become the server (?)
>  2. If you are, you choose a login name for yourself.
> The server calc could then transmit packets with headers:
>  If the header data identifies YOUR calc, it accepts, otherwise, it junks it
>  ASAP.
> ETC...
>
> OK.  What do all of you think?  Have I made an idiot out of myself?  Is this
> a really cool idea?  What?
> --
> "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
>                                                              -Albert Einstein
with the ti protocol that will not work. btw where have you been during
the past few months. also i had that idea over 2 years ago and it didn't
work then and will not work now and at that time everybody in my school
had ti-85's
PCoMP
Visit Maximus Productions home page at: