Re: LZ: Graphic Code

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Graphic Code

A.K.A. TheWiz wrote:

> > Yes, but the program has to be synchronised to the refresh rate of the
> > INDIVIDUAL calculators.  If you'll notice, on the popular Cindy program,
> > the trim flicker settings have to be changed on every calc that you install
> > the prog onto.  You can get it to look great on your calc, but you have to
> > tweak it a little if you give a copy to someone.
>
>   If you look at the grayscale libraries (at ticalc.org/zshell/source, I
> think), you'll find that what they do is set the screen to display the
> image that goes at full black (See ti_ports.txt, it's one of those...),
> then set the contrast to a slightly lighter shade and set the screen to
> display the image that goes at that shade, and so on...
>
>   HTH,
>   Dan Knapp
>
>                      /***********************************
>                      *           Daniel Knapp           *
>                      *       FeatherWate Software       *
>                      *     email: dankna@bergen.org     *
>                      *                                  *
>                      *      Whose account this is,      *
>                      *         I think I know.          *
>                      * The sysop is in Berkely, though. *
>                      * She will not see me typing here, *
>                      *        To watch this Mac         *
>                      *          Refuse to go.           *
>                      ***********************************/

No, grayscale doesn't have anything to do with contrast. Usually, you
have 2 pictures and you zlternate which ones you display.  Look at this
chart:
	pic1	pic2
bit	0	0	white  0,0,0,0,0,0
set/res	0	1	light gray  0,0,1,0,0,1
	1	0	dark gray  1,1,0,1,1,0
	1	1	black  1,1,1,1,1,1

If pic1 is displayed twice as much as pic2, then the shades would be like
that.

<pre>
--
Compliments of: