Re: LZ: f-term and wavpak

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: f-term and wavpak

SAM STAUFFER wrote:

> -> I was wondering could you make a program like f-term on the 92 for
> -> zshell?  I know fargo isn't out yet and nobody has used it or f-term
> -> so don't flame me on that.  But is it possible to make a
> -> communications program for zshell that can hook up to a modem through
> -> the link port?
>
> Yes, but how would you hook up a modem to the link port you need DTR
> RING etc... etc... pins and such, Anyone know?

You could use TIs graph-link, which works because it has a TTL to RS232
converter (IC?) in it to communicate w/serial port of a computer. Just
plug this cable into modem and you're set.. That chip is why you can't
use TI's software with a $4/$5 link cable, and why the grph link is so
expensive. This method works...I've used it for fterm on fargo.

Josh Franta

Follow-Ups: References: