Re: LZ: Re: $4 serial link prob

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: $4 serial link prob

>Yes, and when you end up frying your calc, I bet you can easily build
>another one yourself for a fraction of the cost ($100).  It is a _far_
>better idea to invest in a graphlink, or build yourself the Connect85
>hardware.  Both of these are more expensive to build/make, but offer
>protecion for your calc which $4/$5 cables don't.

I'm fairly certian that TI has engieered the calc so that the voltage
output from the serial port wouldn't have a chance in hell of frying the
calculator.
But don't take my word for it, why dont you date your link and plug it into
an electrical outlet, and let us know what happens.
-C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.