Re: LZ: COOL IDEA

[Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: COOL IDEA

list-zshell@lists.ticalc.org wrote:

> I'm sure all of you are aware of password programs for zshell.  I'm aware
> that there are programs will break the password, but the program must be run
> on the password protected calc itself.  Is there anyway a two calcs be
> connected and have one calc monitering the others actions(such as where the
> input comparison is made).  If so, couldn't a locked calc be turned on, a
> wrong password entered, and then it turned off while the other calc recorded
> where the comparison was taken place.  Then the calc could be turned back on
> and the other calc "jam" it by sending data through the port and then
> "download" the comparison varible from the recorded memory location.  In
> other words is it possible to steal a password from a locked calc through
> the link?
>
> Thanx,
> Daddy E

Well, it would be possible, but youd have to install an interrupt
routine on the persons calc, which you need anyways. Anyone know what
happens if you ground the !RESET pin? Does the mem get cleared, or does
the calc start at the home screen. If it starts at the home screen, you
could always do that...