Re: LZ: Re: $4 serial link prob

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Re: $4 serial link prob

> From: Ilkka Neuvonen <pdx@kontu.bbs.fi>
>
> On Sat, 28 Sep 1996, Andrew Haninger wrote:
>
> > well, just spend another $4 on making a new one and when that one slows
> > down again, make an new one. by about the 14-15th one, you will have
spent
> > the same amount as just calling 1-800-TICARES(do they REALLY?) and
buying
> > a graphlink.so, my sugg.is, just buy a graph link, you don't have to
worry
> > about any short ciurcuting and of that does happen, you can blame them
for
> > faulty wiring.
>
> And I would build a $5 parallel link. I would _never_ pay $40 (at least)
> for a cable I can build myself for a fraction of the price... Even if it
> wouldn't be so reliable...

Yes, and when you end up frying your calc, I bet you can easily build
another one yourself for a fraction of the cost ($100).  It is a _far_
better idea to invest in a graphlink, or build yourself the Connect85
hardware.  Both of these are more expensive to build/make, but offer
protecion for your calc which $4/$5 cables don't.

>    -P

; Max Mansour,       // mail : mmansour@gis.net
; self proclaimed   // irc : Justarius
; dictator.        // web : maxwww.home.ml.org
;
;         come visit my handheld pages
;      (OmniGo, Windows CE, TI-85/ZShell)
;
;              Drugs for Doughnuts !
;     Crack, smack, weed, speed, you want it,
;     I got it.  I can be found in the nearest
;     deep-fried pastry establishment.
;     I'm the one with the badge and the gun.

.end

Follow-Ups: References: