Re: LZ: ROM calls

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: ROM calls

Alan Bailey wrote:

> No, the zsfnlib document, which has all the ROM_CALL ones in it is
> compatible for all ROM versions.  That's cause they are known on every
> version and incorporated into zshell.  But the TI-ROM.txt document is
> only for a specific version or two or three, like Dines said.  Glad to
> see he is working on it. :>

Only very few of the know function is documented in zsfnlib. What the
person wanted was to make some programs to use in math class (and other
classes), and the functions in zsfnlib is not very helpful for that.

Your are rigth that the adresses in ti-rom is for rom version 3.0A. For
some of the functions it is descreibed how to find the adress in other
rom versions (untill version 8.0). I am going to included the adresses
for as many versions as posible in future versions, but since i only
have access to a 3.0A, I need some one else to find the adrs in the
other
versions.

>From what i have seen the differences in adresses from 3,0A to 8.0 is
very small (8 bytes max), and the difference only changes a few places.
It would be nice to now exactly where this happens because then it would
not be too hard to make most of the runtines located on page 0 avaible
in Zshell for all versions upto 8.0

I have been told that the difference between 9.0 and 10.0 is the same,
but since i have no adresses for the 10.0 yet i do not know if this is
true.

I am working on the new verions of ti-ram and ti-rom, but there is a lot
of work to be done. Because of all the new functions which has been
found, the old layout can not be used any more. Besides that the adress
for version 9.0 has to be added.
<pre>
--

Dines Justesen