LZ: Help with an interrupt

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Help with an interrupt

The subject says it all.  I'd like some help with an interrupt for a
program I am working on.

You see, I don't have a clue as to how to install and/or use an
interrupt.  I know what they are and kinda how they work, and one
will prove VERY helpful to what I am doing.

Here is what I need to do:
The data I'm sending through the link port needs to be sent at a
fairly constant rate.  NOT at a certian speed (although FAST).  The
output just needs to be reasonably constant.  YES, I know that the
EXACT speed of the calc varies with the batteries, but that will NOT
matter here.  I also know that an interrupt occurs at a fixed rate
(50 times a sec?) on the 85.  This is why I want to use an interrupt.
 I know that an interrupt jumps to a certian location in RAM (or ROM)
when it occurs (this could be the graph mem at $8641) and that the
index register (is that the right name?) has something to do with it.

Can anyone help me?

TIA,

____
~Keith