Re: LZ: #Zshell IRC channel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: #Zshell IRC channel

Cory Bosley wrote:

>         We already have a VERY well established TI calculators channel at #calc-ti
> in EFNet. Why make an undernet one when we already have an EFNet one?
> Because you're G-lined from EFNet or something? Too bad.

I am going to agree half with Victor and half with Cory.  A Cory says,
we already have a well astablished claclulator channel called
#calc-ti, but I believe this is, for the most part a non-ZShell
channel.  Each ticalc.org list SHOULD have its own IRC channel.  Why?
Think about it, if a couple TI-82 BASIC people are on there and we
decide to have a party like the 1st aniversary, then we will be
ruining their conversation with stuff that they don't have a clue what
to make of.  I also think that IRC can be potentialy MUCH more
productive than e-mail.  Instead of "type something, wait a day for
the answer" it's "type something, wait 5 seconds for the answer!!!"
So why isn't this list on IRC, of cource it's harder to stay up to
date on IRC than e-mail, but still I think with how slow things
actually get on list-zshell it would be a lot better.  We would
probably have had a RF link more than a mounth ago if it had been
discussed on IRC instead of list TI-Hardware.  We need more realtime
disscussions.

Please, don't nitpick this e-mail to shreds and flame me, it just
comes accross looking egotisticle!!!

Eric Barker