Re: LZ: TAN: Pi

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: TAN: Pi

> TIMaster00@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > If you want to know anymore, I can send you my 50K file with the 1st 50K
> > digits of pi...
>
> I found a file with 10 million decimals... I downloaded it :-) Anyone
found
> any bigger!? (email me personally). When ppl seem to boast about pi
knowledge,
> I can add that I know 242 decimals. Yes, I'm crazy and have VERY LITTLE to
do
> on the math lessons.

I know, off list topic, but I think this is general knowlage that everybody
should have. The biggest I've found is 25 million digits, and the Bailey-
Borwein-Plouffe formula for finding any digit of pi in hex without knowing
the previous digits (The 10 billionth hexadecimal digit of Pi is 9, cool
huhh) at http://www.mathsoft.com/asolve/constant/constant.html. I'm
currently screwing with my calc teachers mind by bringing him a printout of
one constant a day to a million places in print so small that you can BARELY
make out the digits with the naked eye (600dpi printers, gotta love 'em),
comes out to about 10 pages. Have fun everybody... =)