LZ: TASM Compiler error

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: TASM Compiler error

I'm writing a table program like the ones on TI-82s but when I try to compile
it I get an error message saying label not found, label value misalligned.
The label worked fine before I added some more code, so I am assuming it is
some sort of jump length problem.  Here is the code that is causing the problem:

VarEntry:
	ld hl,$0008			;set x=0 y=8 (column/row)
	ld ($800C),hl
	ld hl,(PROGRAM_ADDR)
	ld de,XEntry                    ;This label is the problem
	add hl,de
	ROM_CALL(D_ZT_STR)		;Output "X=" in reg Text

....                                    ;Many lines of code

XEntry:
	.db "X=", 0

.end

I know there is one of fixing this problem by using
        ld a,'X'
        ROM_CALL(TX_CHARPUT)
        ld a,'='
        ROM_CALL(TX_CHARPUT)

but I would like to know how to fix it and keep it pretty much the way it is.

Thanks in advance,
Nathan Adams
nathana@goodnet.com