Re: LZ: Zshell Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Zshell Modem

> >>         I have a graph-link, and can easyly get the other stuff, but
is
> >> someone going to make a ZTerm?
> >
> >Use Talk85.  It does the same thing, except it's in a split-screen.  It
> >would be a simple modification to get rid of the split-screen, but you
> >don't really have to.
>         And it can dial the phone for you too?

Quite well, too.  The intelligence of a modem is in the modem, not the
computer.  The modem does the tones, the dialing, and everything, and spits
out digitial data through its RS-232 serial port.  Hook up the modem to the
TI-85 and the same is still true.  Just type "ATDT0116725551212"\enter in
Talk85 or Zterm or Fterm with the proper setup, and you might just get
Antarctica Directory Assistance, if such a thing existed.

Tobin Fricke

Follow-Ups: References: