Re: LZ: self test

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: self test

Alan Bailey wrote:

> One student at my school said  that if you self test it and let it sit
> for, say, EIGHT hours, the memory won't be erased.  This was on an 82 by
> the way.  Is that true?
NO !!

If you look at the code for the selftest you will see that most of the
ram is deleted before the counting starts, and the reset is system data,
and a special stack for the selftest.Therefore before the counting
starts the ram is deleted.

If you look at the code which is executed when you stop the counting you
will see that it does not check whether the counter is greater than some
value.

The selftest will reset you calc no matter what you do.
<pre>
--

Dines Justesen
Email: dines@post1.com or