Re: LZ: Zshell/Fargo Modem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Zshell/Fargo Modem

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Mark D Lippmann wrote:

> What exactly does a modem consist of? This might not even be remotely
> possible, but with the correct cable could you do without a modem and
> have the calc interface with the phone line? This might be totally
> insane, but if it's remotely doable it would be an incredible
> accomplishment.

No.  Phone line is analog and TI data port is digital.  No way.

Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com          Oxymoron: Power Macintosh
Welcome to the ever changing sig!  It changes every time I log in, so
don't flame me if it's a little long.  Enjoy!

The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy.