RE: LZ: Daedulas v 0.2b

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: LZ: Daedulas v 0.2b

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Sam Davies wrote:

> > One idea I had was 2 seperate Daedalus-based games: something like =
> > Wolf3d
> > with 2D maps, square floor plan, and 2-color graphics, single-player =
> > only,
> > and Doom with 3D maps, more complex polygons, and grayscale grapics, and
> > DEATHMATCH!!...Wolf3d for those with limited memory, Doom for gaming =
> > freaks
> > like me...:)
> Well, since a 2-D version of Wolfenstein 3-D is really a different game, =
> I don't think we'll be making it, but, I'll fully support anyone who =
> wants to make a 2-D version of the game.

I think by 2-D he meant like Wolfenstien, not like doom where there's
more than one level (stairs, etc).  I definitely think 3-d is too much.

Tony Lieuallen = lieuallen@iop.com          Oxymoron: Power Macintosh
Welcome to the ever changing sig!  It changes every time I log in, so
don't flame me if it's a little long.  Enjoy!

Did you know ...

That no-one ever reads these things?