Re: LZ: Ti-H:RT Link for chatting.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

C.J. Oster wrote:

> >       Be able to send all the characters on the Ti-85 in a quick and easy way.
> >       It should only send on the red linkwire and only recieve on the white
>
> Problem, if I send on my white wire, you'll get it on you're white wire.
> If both of our calcs are sitting here transmitting on the same wire, and
> waiting for data on the wire that neither one of us are tranmitting on,
> nothing will happen.  However, you have an idea.  The ti link is esentially
> sterio sound right?  But modems work on mono telephone lines...does anybody
> see my point?  If my calc transmitts on the white wire, and your calc
> listens on the white wire, then what sould be the problem? We only really
> need to use one of the lines.
>
>                               -C.J.-

Solution: cross red to white and white to red somewhere in the link
phase of the circuit.. Just like in RS-232. The TX line crosses to the
RX line in the middle of the serial cable. Both calcs transmit on the
red, receive on the white, and cross the two while linking:

  R>-- LINK -->W
  W<-- LINK --<R
GND<>- LINK -<>GND

<pre>