Re: LZ: AF', BC', DE', HL' and exx

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: AF', BC', DE', HL' and exx

> All the registers with a ' after them are alternate registers...
>
> exx exchanges BC with BC', DE with DE', and HL with HL'. I havent done too much
> asm yet (just got back from vacation..). To exchange AF with AF' do an
> EX AF,AF'
> to exchange the genereal purpose regs, just do an
> EXX
>
> hope this helps......

I should also mention that you can only use these registers when you
have switched interrupts off (di) as the TI-85's interrupt routine
uses them. NB switching interrupts off will also disable GET_KEY, so
use with care (you'll have to read the keyboard directly), and don't forget
to switch them back on again at teh end of the code (ei).

Rob Taylor MAIL - mailto:rtaylor@rtaylor.u-net.com
           WEB  - http://www.u-net.com/~rtaylor/