LZ: I think I figured out XC-1701 Bug!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: I think I figured out XC-1701 Bug!

Most of you guys have been having some problems with the recent version of
XC-1701...  Well, I also had problems when I had put it inside me almost full
calculator.  I have ROM 9, and what happened was that the title screen was
blank (white).  And, my calculator got locked.  Well, then I decided to put it
on an empty calculator (just XC-1701 and the ZShell string), and it worked
perfectly!!!      ;-)

So, I did some testing...  Here's what I found for ROM 9:

It will not crash (at least not before the 100 times I've played it <g>) if
you leave the size of the game in free memory on the calculator.  Now half of
you probably don't understand what I said, so let me illustrate...

The 4-grayscales version of XC-1701 takes up:  9896 bytes

Whenever you play it, make sure you have 9896 or more bytes free in your
memory.

Hopefully this will work on all other ROM versions on the TI-85.

Well, hope you have luck!

--Ashu Chaturvedi
ashu_chaturvedi@pol.com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/1734