LZ: Re: is fargo a scam

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: Re: is fargo a scam

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Scott Rollings wrote:

> Why aren't they doing the beta thing?  If it is going to be free software
> anyway, why don't they release a beta version to the public and then they
> can get bug reports and other suggestions.  Then everybody will stop
> bugging them for a release (at least for a while) and they can still work
> on making a better final release.  Another idea that I have is an
> assembler for Fargo.  Now that there is a QWERTY keyboard on the
> calculators, people could start programming and debugging on the
> calculator which would speed up the developement proccess because you
> wouldn't have to write the code, assemble it, prepare it, tranfer it, try
> it, and start right back over again.  You could even have a debugger and
> instruction stepping.

Maybe they don't know for sure what they're gonna have to
change.  When they release a beta people start developing
with it and they're locked into certain things.  They're
probably doing us all a favor by not releasing it before
it's time.

And they're sure doing you a favor.  This is a great chance
for you to learn some patience.  :)

Barry