LZ: 85 too

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ: 85 too

> You got an 85 as well?? :-o  Wasn't the 83s good enough?

I was curious.  I kept hearing about zshell.

> I thought the EXIT key was standard.. But I've also noticed that in
> many programs you need to go to the main screen before you can quit.

Exit works for a lot of things but I wasn't able to get out
of fake-os and several others.

> I don't know. The docs should be zipped together with the programs.
> Did you get your programs from ticalc.org?

Yes.  Some have docs zipped with them.  Many don't.

> I think the only available on-board tool is the COMPILER program
> which will let you convert manually entered hex data to a Zshell
> string. I have the z80 source code for a z80 assembler for CP/M if
> you're interested and I know someone else had some similar code that
> was quite a bit smaller. (The version I had was ~8kb in CP/M format.)

I found compiler and debugger and hexview.  They'll help.  I was
wondering if there were more little tools like that.

By the way, the only thing I can get hexview to do is start showing
me the bottom of memory and then page up.  It would take forever to
get from one end of memory to the other.  Is there a way to get it
to begin or goto a particular part of memory?

Also compiler says you can't store a binary 0.  How can you have
programs without binary 0's?  Especially in this situation where
youre not dealing with symbolic addresses and you need to place
no-ops which are binary 0's.  Also you just can't easily avoid
having them in a program.

What is fake-os?  I cant find any docs on it.

Barry (with lots of quetions)