Re: LZ: How to get out of fakeos & others

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: How to get out of fakeos & others

> I got an 85 and loaded zshell to try it out and it works

hmm... you shoulda got an 83, it has ASM built-in, you'll probably be seeing
a lot of its stuff popping up soon.

>  fine but I keep running into problems getting out of
>  programs.  I've had to remove the batteries over and
>  over again to terminate fake-os for example.  A number
>  of games have also not let me out.

On FakeOS, you have to hit <F5> twice real fast to exit from it after you
have "erased" the memory AND shown the teacher the "empty" memory. Then,
it'll look like any other TI-85 prompt after you've exited and you have to
just try it out. If you look at your custom menu in FakeOS, you'll see that
you'll just get a letter (like it'
s in alpha-lock, if you're using the new version; look at www.ticalc.org if
you want it). If you've exited by now then the custom menu will pop up with
all the stuff you had b-fore. If not then you're still in FakeOS and then try
it again.

Good luck,
  -Nick
Airwalk844@aol.com