Re: LZ: > and < and C and NC

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: > and < and C and NC

At 03:37 PM 7/18/96 -0700, you wrote:
>How can you tell if one number is less than or greater than another?  I
>know it has something to do with the C and NC flags, but how exactly do
>those work?  Also, could I use the P and M (positive and minus) flags?
>
>Thanks,
>
>-Doug Melton
>http://www.smartlink.net/~dx4

finally an asm quesiton
what can be done is you can use the nz flag when using the cmp comand
if you do something like :

cmp b                 where b is the number being compared to a

then the nz flag will be set if they are not equal, then the cary flag will
be set if
a is greater, and i forget which flag will be set if it is less, but that is
the basic gist of it.
bassically what is happening is the cmp is subtracting b from a  (a-b) if it
is 0 they are equal. and the z flag is set. if it comes out to be a positive
number then a > b and a negitive number would be a<b. that is it i think.

i think that is howit works, but i dont know alot about asm yet, but i think
i got it right.

chris
Erol's Help Desk
help@erols.com