Re: LZ: Teleconferece

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Teleconferece

----------
> From: chris porter <Erols Technical Support> <cbporter@erols.com>
> To: list-zshell@defiant.rbk.sollentuna.se
> Subject: Re: LZ: Teleconferece
> Date: Sunday, July 14, 1996 2:40 AM
>
> At 09:09 PM 7/13/96 -0700, you wrote:
> >>I think that we need to create some sort of "y adapter" for the link
port so
> >>that we can plug multiple things in at once (i.e. the rtlink and the
> >>speaker).  Maybe even a daisy chain type of thing, but I don't know if
that
> >>would be possible.  I think that the IRC thing would be much more
difficult
> >>to implement.
> >>
> >>Any futher input, anyone?
> >>

> >Just this:
> >
> >  The calculator uses 4 AAA batteries, y-ing or daisy chaining the port
> >will (I think) split up the power too much... example:  RT link and
Buzzer:
> >half the sound and not as much distance w/ the link.  Plus I think it
may
> >make battery life quite a bit shorter.  I think this make sense.
> >

> shouldnt matter, if you split the wires, only current is reduced that is
the
> great thing about digital, no matter how much you split it, the signal
never
> varies, voltage remains the same in parallel. or you could add your own
> power supply to the thing. who knows :)
>

> >>************************************************************

snip

ok i was thinking after reading a bunch of these teleconference messages.
I thought up a plan that wouldn't require us to make networked together to
form a chat thing. Instead, use the already existing chat place - IRC. The
way this would work is that the calculator would have an RT-link and your
computer would have an RT-link (use the graphlink to hook the RT-link to
computer). Then, boost the range of the RT-link by quite a bit (3 miles??
if possible?). Now, make a program to put on the calc that would
comunicate with the computer and receive messages from an IRC prgram on
the com. Hmm.. after reading this, it sounds confusing, but do you guys
get what i'm saying??

Follow-Ups: References: