Re: LZ: Teleconferece

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Teleconferece

At 11:22 PM 7/12/96 +0100, you wrote:
>> > Now, we believe that if several TIs are set on the same freq that they
>> > should be able to comunicate together at once.
>> >
>> > .. snip ..
>> >
>> > Now I am not sure if this will work or not since (to my knowledge no
>> > RT-LiNKS have been made by anyone but the author) no one has made 4 to work
<snip>
 and I don't know if you'd be able to have it recognize it
>when a new calc joins without telling each calc explicitly, but it should
>be able to be done to handle multiple calcs as long as the programming's
>right, right?
>
>Later,

>     Josh Hays          |             johays@brownell.edu
>  Omaha, Nebraska       |      http://www.brownell.edu/~johays
>      "Id quod fuimus aut sumus, non cras erimus." -Ovid

so as not to come back to the original tinet idea <a stupid idea summed up
by mr boozer> i think it could be possible to design an asm program that
works with something similar to the rtlink. but the rtlink would have to be
able to switch channels like a digital walkman can, only the calc would
determine the channel instead of a button. then a blip or something would
have to go across the frequency <like a busy signal lets say a binary 1 or
something> that would tell any other calcs trying to recieve the information
to back off of the freq. it could be done and a few of my frinds and i are
working on the electronic part like that. if things work out, it could be
neat :) but who knows. that would be the only way it would be possible i
think. that would also be a very challenging asm program to write. im just a
novice at this, but am battling my way through "z80 assembly language
programing". so if you want to make fun of me for dreaming <joke> go ahead :)
chris porter