Re: LZ: Teleconferece

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Teleconferece

Eric P. Anderson wrote:

> At 09:07 AM 7/13/96 -0700, you wrote:
> >> I think that we need to create some sort of "y adapter" for the link port so
> >> that we can plug multiple things in at once (i.e. the rtlink and the
> >> speaker).  Maybe even a daisy chain type of thing, but I don't know if that
> >> would be possible.  I think that the IRC thing would be much more difficult
> >> to implement.
> >>
> >> Any futher input, anyone?
> >
> >If you made a y adaptor, it would only work for a game that had sound,
> >and link capabilites, because the voltage is 0 or 5 and uless you write a
> >program to send the 0's and 1's to the different parts of your calc (like
> >different bytes to different zshell apps), that is the only way it would
> >work, a y adaptor would be really hard to build anyway, Why do you want
> >sound anyway?
>
> As we were discussing previously in the thread, we are discussing the
> possibility of making a pager program which would work by using the rtlink
> and then beeping when you are paged.  The pages could include file transfers
> and text, (you could even send a sound over and have it played).

> *  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
> *  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
> *  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
> *  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
> *  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
> *  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
> *  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
> *  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
> *  agreement to these terms.                               *
> *  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *
> ************************************************************Woa...Woa.. Woa. ok to make this program that would alow people to chat
adn then to page eachother with a small Beep.. well that will take up
all 28 K or MORE!. to make this work you will need to write a NEW
trensfer protocol that will compensate for the additional people.
because the TIProtocol that the calc uses now only makes room for 2
calcs with not interferance. we need to build one that will compensate
for interfearence, multiple people at once, and paging.. damn that will
eb one HUGE program!  and trying to transfer actual SOUND from one side
to another and having it plaied on that side.. NEVER! hehe that is
almost funny to think of it. it would use 28k of mem in 1 sec. and the
beep or "page" would be amazing in itself because you will need to make
a daisy chain Y addapter that will have different addresses for the
different things on it. it would require almost a seperate network card
to addon to it. (which would eb incredably cool! cause you could trow on
ROM to stor up data for latter use..)   well I cant see the Page thing
ever happening wiht the beep but you couls have the screen flash a few
times when you are paged.. that wouldent bee that hard. about how much
does ASM compress once it is written? cause you are going to use MORE
then 28000 key strokes to make that program. (I think)  well if you want
ANY help or if you want a flow chart on how I plan to make the program
to work Please E-mail me cause I have it all planned out! :) its very
logical but I need to know how the TI prosses's data and how much it can
handle in a burst. and what are the different specs for the com rutines
for it? those are all things that are going to determin how this program
will be wrote. ok well I am really pumped about this Idea! and if I
couls program in ASM I would... but I still need to lean. >:( darn!

ANY questions or comments ... Please E-mail em!
                            Clegg@newrock.com
                  "Everything under the sun is in tune,
                   But the sun is eclipsed by the moon"
                                      --Pink Floyd, DSOTM