Re: LZ: Teleconferece

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LZ: Teleconferece

Eric P. Anderson wrote:

> >Well, with the standard system routines, this would be correct, but I'm
> >sure it'd be possible to create some type of networking software in
> >assembly where each calc handles the incoming signal depending on where
> >it's coming from -- it'd require a lot of synchronization and thought,
> >obviously,  and I don't know if you'd be able to have it recognize it
> >when a new calc joins without telling each calc explicitly, but it should
> >be able to be done to handle multiple calcs as long as the programming's
> >right, right?
>
> How about boosting the power enough so that you can chat either at a
> distance or perhaps write a program so you can use it as a pager.  If you
> have a speaker you could even make it beep when you get a page.
>
> Comments?

> *  Eric P. Anderson                     "Who is General    *
> *  crusader@mo.net                      Failure and why    *
> *  http://walden.mo.net/~crusader/      is he reading      *
> *  Finger for PGP public key.           drive C?"          *
> *  Fprint:3E 3C 52 A2 C1 3F 61 B5 71 7F 10 F1 09 B4 D4 D7  *
> *  This is a public notice that all unsolicited and/or     *
> *  commercial emailers will be charged an archival and     *
> *  downloading fee of U.S. $500.  Emailing me signifies    *
> *  agreement to these terms.                               *
> *  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Jefferson *

All the program would need to do is select one of the calcs to be the
"server" for the group adn it would select a time that each TI Calc
could "talk" adn recieve info. it would take precise Sync'n, and alot of
 time to switch through big groups of calcs.  adn the page would be
easy. all you have to do is have it send a message to  all the calcs
that is only addressed to one of them, and that one will be looking for
its name. it will then beep. BUT it cant cause you have teh RT link
using the port.

OK well what do you think?
<pre>
--